About Ann Bracken - Counselling & Psychotherapy
Ann Bracken is a highly experienced psychotherapist and counsellor in the areas of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Based Counselling and Stress Reduction. She has a private practice in Wicklow (Ire) and previously worked in The Lister Hospital, Chelsea London and Whythenshawe Hospital, Manchester before returning to Ireland.
Ann provides individuals and couples with a supportive and non-judgmental therapeutic space to explore and resolve issues from the past or relating to present experiences. Therapy includes supporting you with evidence based approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT) and Mindfulness Based Counselling combined with Relational Integrative Therapy. The aim of therapy is to support you towards optimising your emotional, psychological and relationship potential by:
- Clarifying your therapeutic goals to enhance the effectiveness of your therapy.
- Gaining a deeper self-understanding on a feeling, thinking and behavioural level and how this may influence your experiences.
- Identifying and creating positive change in any unhelpful patterns of thinking or behaviour and supporting emotional balance to lead to more fulfilling experiences.
- Working towards expressing your emotional and relational needs in healthy and self-empowering ways.
- Supporting you to enhance your emotional health and improve clarity of thinking and decision making.
- Resourcing you with CBT and mindfulness based techniques and materials, for use outside of the therapeutic space.
- Supporting you to manage or overcome psychological problems stemming from sources such as stress or anxiety, depression or low mood, post trauma stress, healing from abuse, managing fertility issues, low self-esteem and processing loss or bereavement.
Ann Bracken holds a master’s degree in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and post graduate qualifications and training in Integrative Psychotherapy and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) in addition to Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. She is also a qualified EMDR Trauma Therapist. Ann is also qualified in Nutrition and Dietary Therapy and in Online Counselling provision. Ann combines her therapeutic work with a part-time lecturing position in Family Therapy and CBT in the Dept. of Psychology at Glendwr University. She is also a published author and feature writer on emotional and psychological health.