About Active Mum Baby Massage, Dublin 15
I will teach you strokes that are safe and appropriate for you to massage your baby, so that you can enjoy it as a regular activity at home.
The massage class which I teach was developed by Vimala McClure who is the founder of the International Association of Infant Massage and is taught all over the world.Why do a Baby Massage Class?
Spend quality time with your baby learning how to give your baby a massage, and meet other local mums for friendship and support.What happens at a Baby Massage Class?
I like to keep the atmosphere relaxed, so there will be low music playing and the lighting will be low. Each parent will sit in a circle on the rugs provided, with baby on a blanket in front. I, the instructor, will be within the circle with a life-size doll in fromt of me to demonstrate the strokes on. Each week we will massage a different body part and revise the strokes done the week before. At the end of the class we have a discussion and chat over tea and biscuits.What are the Benefits of Baby Massage?
- Oil andd towels are provided.
- There are no more than eight parents
- A handbook giving a pictorial description of each massage stroke is provided
1. Relief - may help relieve constipation, wind and colic pains.
2. Relaxation- during the massage and also may help baby sleep better
3. Stimulation - stimulating the muscles and nerve pathways.
4. Interaction - great for bonding between the two of you.