4.8 from 106 verified reviews Today I'm almost 4 months post-surgery and I'm extremely happy with the resultsNikhil, India, 20 03 23
I was 11 when I first heard someone say I look great but have a bad nose. I always felt that I looked great but this thought had entered my mind, that my nose was unattractive because I felt the tip was too large and the nostrils too wide, gathering unnecessary attention.
Over time the thought was so deep rooted and I became unnecessarily look conscious that everytime I talked with someone, I had a thought that they are noticing my nose, having assumption. The pity and hatred for my own looks become so much that I never saw myself in mirror closely for over a decade. Everyone thought I am good looking, confident, but internally I was very low on confidence, only because of my nose.
But I had made up my mind back then, when I was a teenager, that when I grow up, I'll definitely have a nose job.
Last year in 2022, I become a qualified CA, got an opportunity to shift to mumbai and work towards my dream, to make a life!
To finally get the thought of being conscious of my nose off of my back, I started actively searching for a good doctor.
2) Pre surgery search:
The search for a good doctor was almost disheartening. The exorbitant amount the doctors quoted me for a nose job, some almost 3 lakhs, was a shock. That too completely I had to completely rely on their word, I had no means of verifying their credibility.
Through google, I found allure med spa and doctor Milan joshi. I went through their website and found hundreds of rhinoplasty before and after surgeries photos.
When other doctors barely performed 100 Surgeries, here I went through 100+ photographs. This gave me some confidence to finally meet him
- I went to andheri to meet Dr Milan. Sitting in the waiting area, looking at the certificates the doctor had gave me reassurance that I am at a safe place.
- when I first interacted with the doctor, he asked to explain the issues I had, the changes I needed, wanted. I explained the fat tip and nostrils issue I had. He had barely saw me for 30 seconds after which he pointed some little curve I had on my nose which should be straightened, something I never noticed in my life, he had the eye of an eagle.
- Doctor clearly guided me the results I would notice step by step after my surgery.
- the cost that I was told I need to bear for septorhinoplasty( septoplasty - septum correction and rhinoplasty- nose job) was very reasonable, something I could afford and no way near the exorbitant amount ranging to 3 lakhs I was told at other places. I immediately decided to do no further ado and get on with the procedure
4) Surgery day
I went to doctor early morning, 8am at his goregaon hospital where the Surgeries are performed
I was again consulted before surgery by Dr Milan before my surgery formally began at 9:30. It went on for almost 3-3.5 hours.
I remember gaining consciousness at probably 3, both my nose completely blocked. But it was not a shock as the doctor had already informed this to me before surgery.
I stayed at the hospital for couple of days. The stay at the hospital was very pleasant. Especially all the nurses, they took care of me like my mother would, with so much love, so much care..
Before I went home, the doctor removed the packing I had inside my nose. I felt I was in touch with God, I could breathe so much better, I had never felt air going through my nose directly to my lungs. I also saw my nose briefly before I was made to wear a splint again and I could immediately see my nose being slimmer than before, although not to the extent I wanted it to, but I waited like doctor had asked me to.
4) post surgery
- the doctor called me at alternate days for dressing. My nose stayed shut significantly after the initial heavenly moments because of swelling but it was manageable, the pain was negligible although had a swollen face, which is very normal.
- the doctor removed the splint after 7 days, I saw my nose and was extremely happy. I always wanted to see a smaller nose of my face and I had that, finally. The doctor told me that this was a very swollen version and it was get smaller and finer with time, I was already happen.
-the staff contacted me at regular intervals to see if I have any concern and guide me.
5) Post surgery concerns
- I could not smile, could not move my lips much. I asked doctor and he told it would return to normal with time. I became paranoid and started reading on the internet (something that you should never do)on the internet you'll always find similar questions with answers that give you a nightmare.
All my worries never materialised and everything the doctor said happened with time.
So never read on the internet, have any question? Directly contact the doctor, any surgery related concern or query you have, he will readily address, directly.
Today I'm almost 4 months post-surgery and I'm extremely happy with the results.
I thank neelam ji at allure med spa for readily assisting anytime.
The staff, I thank you
And Dr Milan, I have inexpressible respect for you. The thing that bothered me since childhood, you have cured it. I can breathe better, I look better. Though I don't believe in identification with self look, but if it affects your confidence and you have a genuine issue, one should definitely approach the doctor.
I would look nowhere but Dr Milan for any issue.
A plastic surgery is not a joke. A plastic surgeon is an artist. And experience matters the most.
Dr Milan is an experienced and intelligent artist. Thanks doctor, none of my concerns materialised, everything that you said will happen, happened. Thanks for helping me with this issue that I had, finally getting it off of my back.
I will forever and ever, be grateful, to God, to my parents in my life and now Doctor Milan as well.