Ms Eimear Hoare
Job Title: Physiotherapist
Specialisations: Acupuncture, Exercise Medicine, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedics, Orthotics, Physiotherapy, Sport and Exercise Science, Sports Medicine
Chartered Physiotherapist (MISCP/ MCPPP) BSc Anatomy, BSc Physio, MSc Sport and Exercise Physiotherapy
Eimear, a native of Maynooth, is a fully qualified and licenced Chartered Physiotherapist. She obtained her degree from Kings College London in 2006. Previous to this Eimear received First Class Honours BSc Anatomy from NUI Galway in 2003. In 2014 Eimear received the prestigious Mary Costello Gold Medal for outstanding student in MSc Sport and Exercise Physiotherapy.
Post qualification Eimear has worked as a junior physiotherapist in Guys and St Tomas NHS Trust in London and since 2009 has worked in private practice both in London and Ireland. Eimear has covered various rotations in orthopaedic (elective and trauma), musculoskeletal, hydrotherapy, back stability, acute neurology, respiratory and intensive care. Her main interest is sports and rehabilitation. Eimear has over 10 years’ experience with various sporting teams and disciplines including:
- 2 seasons with the Laois County Senior Hurling Team 2014/2015.
- 5 years at Punchestown Races Festival working with the jockeys and turf club 2010-2015.
- 3 seasons with the Kildare County Senior and U21 Football Team from 2011/2012/2013.
- Worked at both the London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games in 2012, working alongside Katie Taylor and the rest of the Irish Team in the boxing venue for the Olympics.
- 3 seasons with Crystal Palace Academy Football Team 2006/2007/2008
- 2 seasons with London Exiles Rugby Club, London Division 3 and 1 season with Blackheath Rugby Club, London Division 1
- 3 seasons with various Gaelic hurling, camogie and football teams in London and over 5 seasons with various GAA clubs in Ireland
- other sports have also been encountered – National level gymnastics, national and club level triathletes, club level basketball, club level hockey, club level swimmers, short and long distance runners, club level cyclists and many more