About Somdex Ginecologia Dr Santiago Dexeus
In Somdex-team ofgyneacologists, Dr. Santiago Dexeus-, weput our knowledge and professionalism in the service of women's health. Assisted Reproduction is the process that allows fertilization techniques involving the manipulationof gametes of one or both sexes. Its purpose is to obtain a pregnancy.Milestones in Reproductive Medicine Dexeus School in Barcelona.
· 1978 First birth after artificial insemination by donor (AID).
· 1984First birth of a baby through IVF (in vitro fertilization) of our country.
· 1987 Birth of first baby in Spain thanks to the freezing of embryos.
· 1988 Birth of first baby in Spain as a result of egg donation (twins).
1990 Birth of first baby in Spain as a result of microinjection (PZD: partial zonadissection pellucida).
· 1994 Birth of twins using the technique of PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis)forsex selection and to avoid the transmission of a sex-linked disease.
· 1997 Birth of first baby of sero-discordant couple.
· 2006 Birth of first baby conceived in Spain as a result of the technique of oocyte maturation in vitro.