Dr. Rickson Pereira MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy), DDV, FCPS is a Clinical & Cosmetic dermatologist; Trichologist, Laser specialist, Dermatosurgeon; and STI specialist practising in Mumbai
His areas of expertise include the following: • Clinical dermatology including psoriasis, dermatitis, pemphigus and other inflammatory & autoimmune skin disorders
• Acne including resistant acne
• Hair disorders including alopecias
• Pigmentation disorders
• Nail disorders
• Facial rejuvenation with laser, mesotherapy, micro-needling, microdermabrasion & chemical peels
• [Treatment name removed] treatment for relaxing facial lines, and advanced indications such as migraine and hyperhidrosis
• Soft tissue augmentation including laugh line correction, lip and cheek augmentation
• Laser therapy for skin disorders viz. hair reduction, tattoo removal, acne scars, rejuvenation and resurfacing.
• Dermatosurgery including radiofrequency, cryosurgery, nail surgery, vitiligo surgery and hair transplant
• Pediatric dermatology including management of childhood eczemas, viral infections such as molluscum, warts; bacterial skin infections etc.
• Sexually transmitted infections including herpes, viral warts, genital candidiasis etc.
He did his MBBS followed by MD in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy from Topiwala National Medical College & B.Y.L. Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai. He has been the recipient of the “Lallubhai Mohanlal Jhaveri prize (Gold medalist)” for topping the DDV examination conducted by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bombay. He has been the prestigious winner of the National Quiz conducted by Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy during their annual meet Dermacon. He has been awarded the Dr. B. V. Satyanarayana award for his work on association between diabetes, dyslipidemia and cardiovascular risk factors in patients with chronic plaque psoriasis. He has presented various research papers and posters in state, national and international meets including the World Congress of Dermatology; & the second International Summer Academy for practical dermatology, Munich, Germany; for which he has been the recipient of awards and scholarships. He was awarded, and has completed the IADVL fellowship in lasers in the Asian Institute of Dermatology, Bangalore. He has published his research work and papers in national indexed journals. He has been an investigator in clinical trials at local and national levels. He has conducted workshops and training programs dealing with safe sex and counselling of patients with sexually transmitted infections. He has worked as medical officer-in-charge of counselling and treatment of patients with STIs and HIV/AIDS in the Red Ribbon Express, an initiative by National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) & Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS). He has worked as a Consultant dermatologist in Dr. Marwah’s Skin & Laser Centre, Mumbai.