About Valters'Eyes Prosthetic laboratory Ltd
"Valters' Prosthetic Eyes Laboratory" is the only ocular prosthetics company in the Baltics with long-lasting experience in the field and highly qualified specialists, who have acquired their knowledge and skills in Germany, Russia, Great Britain and the United States. Thanks to the stable values and continuous improvement "Valters’ Prosthetic Eyes Laboratory" is with its patients since 1991.
The Laboratory provides:
- individually made single-walled and double-walled eye prostheses from German cryolite glass,
- facial ecto - prostheses from silicon materials, to which artificially made eyelids are attached to cover a facial defect in the orbital area,
- individually made and collection post-operation eye prostheses from cryolite glass and PMMA (acrylic) materials.
Specialists of the "Valters' Prosthetic Eyes Laboratory" has gained a significant experience in work with infants starting from 2 weeks of their age as well as with patients from 'war' regions with seriously damaged orbits.
Usage of ocular prosthesis is mandatory because it possesses not only cosmetic but also medicinal prophylactic functions:
- to maintain the shape of eyehole, prevent conjunctiva arches from reducing;
- to support eyelids and ensure their functions;
- to help to maintain correct location of tear points and ducts;
- to protect against accumulation of discharge in conjunctival cavity;
- to prevent the eyelids from twisting and traumatizing the conjunctiva with lashes;
- to protect conjunctival cavity against the effect of surrounding environment (dust, wind, water);
- to maintain facial expression (several facial muscles are attached to the edges of orbit).
Each prosthesis is a unique handwork; it proves the craftsmanship of the specialist and can be compared with an inimitable work of art.
The main office of the "Valters' Prosthetic Eyes Laboratory" is located in Riga, Latvia, but you can meet specialists of the laboratory also in Estonia and Lithuania as well as in Ukraine and Georgia.