Debbie is a fully qualified Advanced Nurse Practitioner and independent prescriber. She has a total of 34 years of nursing experience and has worked in a variety of hospital and General Practice environments. She completed her Midwifery training at Epsom General Hospital and for 19 years practiced as a midwife gaining a full appreciation for both antenatal, labour and postnatal care both in hospital and in the community. Debbie is a friendly member of the team with excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys succeeding in establishing good relationships with her clients and their families. Debbie currently holds an ENB 997/998 in Teaching and Assessing in clinical practice and has acted as a mentor to her nurse colleagues. Debbie has also lectured student midwives at Kingston University and St Georges Medical School and has trained both doctors and nurses in life-saving resuscitation techniques. She is also currently studying for a Masters degree in Healthcare Management. Debbie has worked to obtain the Warwick Medical School Certificate in Diabetes Care Diploma and treatment initiation and is currently studying for a Master’s degree in Advanced Nursing Care. Debbie has a special interest in Menopause treatment and family planning.
The following are some examples of the kinds of things you would see our Advanced Nurse Practitioner about:
* Vaccinations including travel and non-travel vaccines
* Blood tests
* Women's health issues including the menopause, contraception advice and taking cervical smears
* Smoking cessation
* Sexual health- STI testing
* Travel advice- providing the full range of travel vaccinations and anti-malarials.
* Contraception including the depot injection
* Childhood immunisations
* Ear problems including ear syringing.
* Minor illnesses including sore throats, coughs and colds (children over the age of 10 years only).
* Administering injections
* Wound care