Gummy smile correction helps those with who feel self conscious about smiling, to smile with confidence. Some people smile with a little bit of their gums showing but for some, a significant amount of gums can be seen when they smile.
Gummy smiles can be caused by the following reasons:
1. over-active upper lip
2. over-prominent upper jaw (maxillary protrusion)
3. Altered passive eruption, ie, gums covering more of the teeth than normal, because the gums did not retract to the “correct” position, or
4. a combination of the above.For an over-active upper lip (case 1), there is surgical and non-surgical treatment options.
For Wrinkle treatment, it ranges between SGD$600 – SGD$800.
In the case of (2) you would need to be assessed by our periodontist and prosthodontist together, maybe even with input from orthodontist and an oral surgeon. The duration of surgery, pain and bleeding are all minimal and the success rate is high when a proper diagnosis and case selection made are done properly.
Your first visit will include:
• Specialist consultation and examination (SGD$80 – SGD$150), depending on the length of consultation.
• Digital X-ray of your teeth (SGD$140) to enable a thorough and detailed diagnosis.
The estimated fees for the gum surgery ranges from SGD$2,500 – SGD$3,000 for the range of 6 to 10 teeth (excluding the fee for other treatments, such as orthodontics, oral surgery, etc, if required.).
Following gum surgery, veneers are sometimes needed to complete treatment for a gummy smile (which may involve 6 to 10 teeth, depending on each individual’s condition).
Another option for gummy smiles is to crown the teeth after gum plastic surgery is performed.
Our fees for crowns / veneers is between SGD$1,800 – SGD$2,300 per tooth.
Singapore goods and services tax (GST) of 7% applies to our fees.