Dr Ioannis Varnalidis
Job Title: Surgeon
Specialisations: Aesthetic Medicine, Cosmetic Medicine, Non-Surgical Facial Aesthetics, Anti-Aging Medicine, Breast Surgery, Hair Transplant Surgery, Hand Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery, Plastic and Reconstuctive Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Trauma Surgery
Languages: English, German, Italian, Greek, Turkish
- Dr. Varnalidis is a plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the Greek Committee of Plastic Surgery and the European Board of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS).
- “I graduated from the School of Medicine of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. I completed my internship in General Surgery at the Surgical Department of the George Pananikolaou General Hospital of Thessaloniki. Afterwards, I completed my residency in Plastic Surgery at the Plastic Surgery, Burn and Hand Surgery Department of the George Pananikolaou General Hospital of Thessaloniki.
- I familiarized myself with the most modern aesthetic and reconstructive surgical techniques during my additional training in the United States and in Europe. The first part of my training took place at the Texas Children Hospital and the The Methodist Hospital of Houston, where I was lucky enough to be trained by the Plastic Surgery professors Prof. Samuel Stal, Dr. Larry H. Hollier, Jr. and Dr. Jeffrey Friedman. During my stay there, I became specialized in the latest aesthetic and reconstructive surgery techniques, as well as in congenital malformations of the hand and face.
- The second part of my training took place at the Yale School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut, where I had the honor to be trained by internationally recognized scientists, such as Prof. John A. Persing and Prof. Ariyan Stephan. During this part of my training, I had the opportunity to learn about the latest developments in the fields of plastic surgery and reconstructive surgery focusing on craniofacial congenital anomalies.
- I continued my training at the Coupure Centrum voor Plastische Chirurgie and at the Estetisch Medisch Centrum (E:MC²) in Ghent. I was also trained by Dr. Patrick Tonnard and Dr. Alexis Verpaele during my Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellowship, as well as by Prof. Koenraad Van Landuyt at the Sint–Lucas General Hospital. During my fellowship, I became specialized in the most modern techniques of facial aesthetic surgery, such as the MACS lift, the brow lift and Microfat grafting (Lipofilling), as well as in breast and abdomen aesthetic surgery and breast reconstruction surgery after a mastectomy.
- I am a full member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), of the Hellenic Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (HESPRAS), a fellow of the European Board of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS), a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) and a member of the International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS).