Fertimed opened its doors in 1992 and performed its first IVFcycle two years later. In 1995 the first ICSI baby in the Czech Republic was born in this centre. In the same year, Fertimed became the second infertility centre in the Czech Republic to see the birth of a baby following the transfer of a cryo preserved embryo. Two years later, in 1997, Fertimed’s success was recognized by the national government when it was awarded the Czech Ministry of Health Research Project Award, the first time a private gynaecological center has won the award. Doc.M.D.Aleš Sobek, Ph.D. and his team developed a new method for the examination of female reproductive organs and tubal patency- the UTHL - Ultra sono graphically guided transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy. The results of the team work are reflected in many studies in national and international scientific journals. There are now two centers in Olomouc and Ostrava working under one supervision. Fertimed operates according to European Directives and ISO 9001, 15189, 14001.
The head consultant and owner of Fertimed infertility center. He has published more than 100 publications in national and international journals and has held numerous lectures and presentations on international conferences. He is an experienced gynaecologist and specialist in reproductive medicine. He has undertaken study programmes in Germany (Homburg, Ulm, Essen, Luebeck), Israel (Tel Aviv), Belgium (Bruxelles), France (Paris), Austria (Wien), Finland (Helsinki) and Sweden (Stockholm, Göteborg) He is a member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
Why should you choose the Fertimed centers in Olomouc and Ostrava ?
• Tradition: Long tradition- the centre was opened in 1992- one of the first centers in the Czech republic
• ICSI: The first ICSI baby in Czech Republic was born in Fertimed in 1992
• Prices: Low prices of treatment egg donation for 3000-3800 Euro
• Waiting time:no waiting list, waiting time for egg donation usually 1 month
• Connection: good connection from London, Paris, Prague and Wien, airport shuttle provided
• Two centers in Olomouc and Ostrava
Olomouc: boutique center in a Villa from 19.th century, just5 min walk from a historical town center, OP theatre, accommodation in appartments
Ostrava: the new center built according to the latest standards, OP theatre, accommodation in apartments, Apotheke
• UTHL: Ourteam developed method of ultra sono graphically guided transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy(UTHL) which is an outpatient method for the examination of female pelvis (ActaScandinavica, 2008)
• Science: Morethan 110 publications in czech and international journals
• English and German speaking staff
• Coordinators: English speaking nurse will be coordinator of your stay and she will be alwaysready to help you.
We offer airportshuttle from Brno for 70 Euro (40 min), from Wien and from Prague (150 Euro, 2.5hours)
At Fertimed we have a Visitor Assistant who is on call and able to assist you in all of your activities while visiting Olomouc: she can organize your trip with a tour guide in the historical center of Olomouc, get you tickets for opera and make your stay a satisfying and relaxed experience.
Infertility treatment services provided
Egg donation,Sperm donation, Embryo donation, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intracytoplasmatic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Instant Embryo viewing, PICSI, Assisted Embryo Hatching(AH), Blastocyst cultivation, Cytoplasmic transfer, Minor surgery, Testicularsperm extraction and Epididymal Sperm Aspiration, Intra Uterine Insemination(IUI), Ovulation Induction
Who are egg and sperm donors?
We recruite young healthy women and men younger than 35 years, mostly university students,Czech citizens, white race. All of our donors undergo standard genetic examination (karyotyping, cystis fibrosis, trombophilia), hormonal examination,sexually transmitted diseases examination (HIV, Hepatitis, Lues)