Hi, I’m Chris. I have been helping patients at Wigan Family Chiropractic Clinic since 1995, so I think I can safely say that whatever you’ve injured, I can usually help you. As a Sports Injury Specialist, I use all of the very best of contemporary treatments, plus a wide range of advanced treatments learnt on the many courses I attend throughout the year. Additionally, I use a variety of techniques that Ive developed over my 20 or so years in practice.
Although I specialise in treating sports injuries, about half of my patients have acquired their injury in everyday life and so I treat all sorts of non-sports injuries that result from your job, hobby or life in general.
I have worked with many athletes from all types of sport; rugby, football, swimming, boxing, judo, running, cycling, fencing, bodybuilding, tennis, golf, basketball, field & track athletics, motorcycle racers, and many more.
When I’m not treating people at Wigan Family Chiropractic Clinic, I am usually working with local sports teams. I am in charge of St Judes ARLFC’s physiotherapy department, and recently was in charge of Leigh Rugby Clubs physiotherapy depatrment. I am registered with the British Athletes Commission to work with olympic level athletes (The Elite Athletes Programme) & England Rugby League. I have treated many professional rugby players from Wigan, St Helen’s, Bradford and most of the Super League! I have been on tour with several British domestic rugby teams, providing injury prevention/management, training and nutritonal support.
However, all my patients get the same level of quality treatment and help whether they are rugby stars or not! Chris is registered with AXA PPP, Westfield health, Health shield, Simply health, and is a member of the Sport and Remedial Therapies Council which is recognised by the British department of health.
Academic and postgraduate training:
1) (1998) Graduated from the University of Salford with a Masters degree in Sports Therapy (three years full time academic training).
2) (2009) Neuromuscular and soft tissue mobilisation techniques
3) (2010) Swiss ball instruction for muscular proprioceptive rehabilitation
4) (2010) Advanced soft tissue masterclass
5) (2011) Active isolated stretching
6) (2010) Pitch side immediate trauma care
7) (2010) Active release technique
8) (2013) Certified kinesiology taping
9) (2010 to present) England Rugby League and RFL
10) (1998 to present) Voluntary work with Wigan St Judes ARLFC