About Somatic Tao
Do you suffer:
- signs of stress;
- find it difficult to cope with certain situations; or
- find your physical symptoms seem to be worse in certain circumstances?
Then read on!
Based in Brighton & Hove, Somatic Tao was created in 2004 by Penny Boyland, to provide a deeper, more effective way to resolve all manner of symptoms resulting from stress and distress.
Somatic Tao truly believes that your body is the voice of all aspects of you: physical; psychological; emotional; and spiritual. An imbalance in any of these aspects is likely to develop physical symptoms as a prompt to make you seek remedial action. Conventional Western medicine, being based in pathology, can prove very effective against imbalances at the physical level, but can struggle to achieve good results relating to other aspects of yourself.
E.g. A client with lower back pain despite no lifting or strenuous physical exertion. Using the integrated approach of Somatic Experiencing® and Chinese 5 Element Acupuncture, it became obvious that the back pain was due to the emotional load the client was ‘carrying’! Using a combined holistic approach:
- the Somatic Experiencing® helped the client to:
- appreciate self-protection in emotionally demanding situations;
- improved their body’s ability to tolerate such interactions; and
- the acupuncture promoted energetic flow and balance.
They now rarely suffer lower back pain, but when they do, they are much better able to pin-point the cause and make the necessary adjustments.
Thus, Somatic Tao's use of Somatic Experiencing® combined with Chinese 5 Element Acupuncture works:
- holistically with all levels of you;
- eases and transforms your symptoms; but most importantly
- provides you with resilience to stress in the future and as a result increases the robustness of your health.