Duncan qualified in 1990 and worked in the National Health Service for several years. He has extensive experience, having worked with a wide range of patients and conditions, specialising in diagnosis and management of musculo skeletal pathologies. His work history includes Clinical Specialist roles in Upper Limb, Lower Limb and Spinal condition, working closely with Orthopaedic surgeons.
Duncan is vastly experienced in the management and prevention of running injuries. He has worked with many of Great Britain’s top distance runners.
His UK Athletics work includes:
• Several GB athletics team altitude camps in the French Pyrenees and in Kenya
• Great Britain team Physiotherapist for the World half Marathon Championships
• Great Britain team Physiotherapist for European Cup 10,000m
• European Championships holding camp
• Part of medical team at the European Championships in Barcelona 2010
• Providing regular physiotherapy to GB Team members throughout the year
He is completing a PhD looking at the parameters of running gait in elite athletes and the effect of running injuries on biomechanics in the Gait laboratory at Salford University, where he currently lectures in Physiotherapy at Undergraduate and post graduate levels.