About Sofia Hospital of Reproductive Medicine
The Sofia Hospital of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine, formed in 2004, is one of Bulgaria’s top three largest and most patient-friendly clinics. In 2011, we moved to purpose designed new premises built and equipped to the strictest European and world healthcare standards. The Clinic has a diagnostic and consultation sector, operating theatres and treatment rooms, in-patient wards, an embryological laboratory, a diagnostic analysis laboratory, and a cryobank. All laboratories, surgeries and treatment areas are equipped with the latest assisted reproduction technology.
The building is located in a leafy, calm part of the metropolis, far from noise and pollution, yet just 20 minutes from the airport. One of the city’s better four-star hotels is right next to the Clinic, offering additional convenience to our patients.
The Clinic is open seven days a week. Prices for Bulgarian and foreign patients are identical. No time is wasted waiting in queues.
Dr Yavor Vladimirov, one of Bulgaria’s top reproductive medicine and In Vitro Fertilisation specialists, established the Sofia Clinic in 2004. Chief Embryologist Dr Desislava Tacheva is a founder member of the Bulgarian Embryology Association and a recognised professional.
Each member of our team of doctors, embryologists, obstetricians and nurses was selected carefully and received continuous training. Each year, Clinic specialists take part in Annual Conference of the European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) and sit a number of courses. Doctors and other medical grades speak English. A special coordinator helps foreign patients.
The Sofia Hospital of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine has long experience in applying new and improved reproductive medicine techniques and methods:
- we were first in Bulgaria to apply the innovative technique of In Vitro Maturation (IVM);
- we were first in Bulgaria and among the first in the world to use the exceptionally new endometrial receptivity (ERA) diagnostic method;
- we were first in Bulgaria to introduce the IMSI-Strict innovation;
- we were first in Bulgaria to introduce laser assisted hatching using LYKOS™;
- We offer IUI, IVF, ICSI, IMSI, PGD, LAH, PESA, TESA, MESA;
- We have a properly organised donor bank.
Additional Services for our Foreign Patients:
- Airport meeting and seeing off;
- Information and help with finding accommodation;
- Interpreting service when required;
- Information and help in organising stay programmes, including sightseeing, arts events, spa procedures, auxiliary medical and/or dental treatment.