About Keogh Practice
The Keogh Medical Practice was founded some 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Joseph Keogh who had at that time an interest in both General Practitioner Services and Occupational Health Services.
Currently there are now 40 people directly or indirectly associated with the provision of services in the practice.
At present there are 13 primary care physicians:
- Five who are members of the Society of Occupational Medicine
- Two who hold Diplomas in Occupational Medicine, one who is a Specialist Registrar in Occupational Medicine
- Two who hold Diplomas in Family Planning
- One who is a qualified tutor in Family Planning
- TWO who hold Diplomas in Dermatology
- One who holds a Diploma in Aviation Medicine
- One who holds a Masters in Womens Health
- Four who hold Diplomas in Therapeutics
- Two who hold Diplomas in Preventative Medicine
- A number of the doctors have special interests in asthma, ENT, minor surgery, travel medicine, etc.
The practice currently has 8 Nurses
attached, who have special interests in Practice Nursing, Occupational Health Nursing and Executive Screening.
The practice has 14 Management/ Secretarial/ Ancillary staff for support and administration.
The main surgery in the city centre operates from 9.00 a.m
. to 5.30 p.m
. Monday to Friday inclusive
Rural surgeries operate within a radius of 12 miles on designated days.
Our branch surgery operates five days a week with the same surgery hours.Current Location
The practice operates from a purpose built Medical Centre that is over 10,000 square feet.
In addition to the new premises we have radically overhauled the record keeping system, a pilot computerisation programme commenced in 1997 and has now been completed and on the basis of that experience it is anticipated that with new and upgraded systems we will effectively be paperless.
The current appointment system allows for scheduled and pre-planned attendances by patients