Breast reduction surgery is an option for women who are trying to ease the physical symptoms caused by the weight of excessively large breasts. The procedure is called “Reduction Mammoplasty” and is available to all healthy women.
It is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of excessive breast tissue and reshaping of the breast. In addition to making the breast smaller, it repositions the breast higher on the chest, decreasing the amount of ‘sag’.Why would I choose to have a Breast Reduction?
• To reduce breast size when breasts are heavy and pendulous or too large for the body frame.
• To improve posture and ease pain in the back, neck and shoulders
• To relieve pain in breast tissue, particularly around menstruation.
• To allow a greater range of physical activity
• To raise the position of downward pointing nipples and aerolas
• To improve self-confidence in a woman who is embarrassed about her breast size
• In women with a strong family history of breast cancer or multiple lumps in large breast, this procedure may provide the surgeon with an opportunity to carefully examine breast tissue
Are you interested in more information? Or would you like to make an appointment to see Mr. Tim Brown? Contact us