Dr Michael Szalay is medical director at Precision Cosmetic Laser and Surgery. After graduating with honours from the University of Sydney, Dr Szalay obtained the Part 1 Fellowship exam of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons. Subsequently, he completed 5 years of surgical training in hospitals in Sydney and Perth and has trained in leading cosmetic surgery centres in the U.S.A. and Australia.
Dr Szalay founded Precision Cosmetic Surgery in 1998 and since then has performed several thousand cosmetic procedures at the surgery.
In addition to his extensive surgical experience and training, Dr Szalay has obtained the Diploma of Practical Dermatology (Distinction) from the University of Wales (UK), and the Certificate of Dermatology from the University of Monash, Melbourne.
Dr Szalay is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, The American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery, The American Society of Liposuction Surgery and The European Society of Aesthetic Surgery. He actively participates in both international and local cosmetic surgery conferences and workshops in order to bring his patients the latest innovations in breast augmentation, facial rejuvenation and liposuction.
Dr Szalay’s special areas of interest are breast augmentation, liposuction and facial rejuvenation – both non-surgical and surgical:
- Breast Augmentation
- Facial Rejuvenation
- The Lift Plus Face (minimally invasive facelift)
- The Lift Plus Neck (minimally invasive necklift)
- The Lift (lifting of eyebrows, midface, lower face and neck)
- Eyelid Surgery
- Chin Implant
Dr Szalay has actively sought out world experts in these fields and has received training from the following internationally recognised leaders in their fields:
- Dr Robert Jackson, Cosmetic Breast Surgeon, Indiana, USA.
- Dr Angelo Cuzalina, Cosmetic Breast Surgeon, Oklahoma, USA.
- Dr Ziya Saylan, Plastic Surgeon from Germany. Dr Saylan popularised the S-Lift internationally.
- Dr Des Fernandez, Plastic Surgeon from South Africa. Dr Fernandez developed The Lift.
- Dr Pierre Fournier, Plastic Surgeon from France. Dr Fournier is internationally recognised as a pioneer of modern liposuction.
- Dr Michael Jasin, Facial Plastic Surgeon from the USA. Dr Jasin is a leading exponent of Erbium resurfacing techniques.
- Dr Stephen Hopping, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Washington and Dr Stephen Watson, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Texas. These doctors are leaders in minimally invasive facial rejuvenation techniques including facial liposuction, S Lift and facial implants.