About Health check North West
What is the test?
- We are the leading specialists in the field of 'anti-ageing' and testing for stress induced arterial stiffness.
- Our cutting edge therapy is based around Class II medical equipment, trialled and developed together with one of the world’s largest companies.
- The equipment can not only assess arteries for signs of stiffening and narrowing but it can also make an estimate of your biological age.
- We are licenced to use this equipment and to carry out this service
- We offer our health screening throughout Manchester and surrounding areas across the North West
The device used for our test has been developed by a company who have supplied medical equipment around the world since 1975. This machine, along with specialised computer software, initially determines and then progressively keeps track of your biological age and other health indicators.How Does It Work?
Our device measures changes in blood volume caused by the pulse wave. By detecting the pulse wave pattern and calculating the volume of blood being delivered, along with arterial softness, an indication of the condition of a client’s arteries and the amount of oxygen being delivered to the skin and other vital organs can be ascertained. Results are then analysed by specialist computer software and the client’s biological age is calculated. Our therapist will then make the appropriate recommendations and provide a full report.Technical Notes
When an artery of normal stiffness is measured, the pulse wave generated during deflation of the cuff first appears when cuff pressure approaches systolic blood pressure. The pulse wave then rises and after reaching its highest point, decreases gradually. The softness of the artery and the volume of blood delivered by one cardiac output determine the size of the pulse wave. The device can detect when the disposition of the artery being measured differs from that of a normal artery. This is because arterial hardening begins when the normally soft side of the artery wall suffers a breach. The area thickens with collagen and consequently, a change occurs in the mechanical laws of the arterial walls.About the Arterial Test
Our analytic arterial test and recommendations can help you to maintain healthy arteries and heart.
The test is quick, straight forward, completely safe, non invasive and painless. In fact, it's simply like having a blood pressure test, only it does much more.
You are presented with an easy to understand health report containing test results for arterial stiffness, blood pressure and BMI, along with an estimate of biological age. The health report also contains recommendations to help in maintaining healthy arteries.
- Strokes are the 3rd most common cause of death in the UK - yet in 80% of cases - there are no previous symptoms
- 50% of Men and 64% of women who died suddenly of heart disease had NO prior symptoms
- Strokes are the biggest cause of disability in the UK
- 5 words too commonly heard "If only I'd known sooner..."
- See the SIGNS before you feel the SYMPTOMS....BOOK YOUR TEST TODAY...
Our Test is targeted towards the source of the problem. By testing our clients with the latest Class II device and then offering recommendations as well as natural supplements, in many cases we can help our clients to maintain their arterial condition and biological age. Stress is part of everyday life but the key is how to deal with it. By using the latest techniques, we can help support a healthy vascular system and heart.Who can we help?
- Anyone with a heart pumping blood around their body needs this test
- Overworked ? Stressed ? Don’t eat as healthily as you should?
- Don’t exercise as much as you should?
See the signs before you feel the symptoms! BOOK TODAY