About Dr Song Clinic of Acupunture, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Tui Na.
Dr Song is one of the most highly qualified Chinese doctors in the UK. She was recently appointed "Chief Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine Physician" by the World Health Organisation and UNESCO-recognised international regulatory body, The World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies (ISO/TC249). Only 110 other doctors in the world have achieved this certification for traditional Chinese medicine, of whom fewer than 12 have achieved it as Dr Song has, for both traditional Chinese and Western medicine.
Dr Song is an expert in traditional Chinese medicine, including acupuncture, herbal treatment, physiotherapy/Chinese medical massage, moxibustion, cupping and heat treatment. She has her own dispensary with more than 120 herbs to blend for her patients' prescriptions.
Dr Song's specialities include treating acne and severe acne, for which she has developed her own treatment and herbal cream. She has been published and lectured at medical conferences on her acne treatment.
Her other speciality is pain management and recovery from back problems and broken bones. Patients have got relief, in one treatment session, from severe back pain. Others are recovering from fractured or broken shoulders, arms and legs and benefit from the pain relief and faster recovery brought about by Dr Song.
The range of conditions which Dr Song can treat include the following:
- Back pain and problems
- Neck, elbow and knee pain
- Acne and severe acne
- Migraine and severe headaches
- Itchy skin where there is no apparent infection
- Inability to sleep
- Anxiety and depression
- Aiding in pregancy and IVF treatment (encouraging more and better eggs at ovulation)
- Period pain (sometimes one treatment is sufficient to bring about a change)
- Chemotherapy (Dr Song's treatment alleviates the side effects of chemotherapy)
- Parkinson's Disease (Dr Song's treatment alleviates the symptoms without the side effects associated with Western drug treatment)
- Well-being (Dr Song can perform acupuncture on those feeling run down, exhausted or under the weather to bring about uplifting or even happy feelings)
- Respiratory tract infections
- Rehabilitation treatment for cerebrovascular disease and facioplegia
Dr Song is fully qualified and insured to treat patients with traditional Chinese medicine in the UK. She is a full member of ATCM (UK), the Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine, the regulatory body in the UK which enables doctors to treat patients.
In China, Dr song has further medical practice licences and is fully qualified and experienced as both a Western medical doctor and traditional Chinese doctor. She has worked in major Beijing hospitals for 25 years in Accident & Emergency, Paediatric and General Internal Medicine Departments as well as specialising in the integration of Western and traditional Chinese medicine. She is also a widely published medical researcher and lecturer dealing with acne and antibiotic resistance.