We have all the information you need about public and private dentists that provide gum surgery in Worldwide. Compare all the dentists and contact the dentist in Worldwide who's right for you.
Treatment for a gummy smile or receding gums
Even if you have perfect teeth your smile may not be at its best, if your gums aren’t in good condition. For this reason, gum surgery is commonly used to correct a ‘gummy’ smile or even to correct gums that have receded. Gum surgery is commonly combined with other cosmetic dental techniques.
What is Gum Surgery?
You might need a gum surgery if:
- You have a gummy smile. This is where your gums cover a lot of your tooth, making them look small
- Your gums have receded, making your teeth look too long
- If your gums are uneven due to gum loss or missing teeth
- If you teeth are sensitive because receding gums have exposed them
Things to look out for:
- Gum surgery is normally done under a local anaesthetic, however if your whole mouth needs treating then a general anaesthetic may be required
What is the procedure like?
To improve the appearance of a gummy smile, a cosmetic dentist will remove the excess gum with a laser. This exposes more of the tooth and as a result they look longer and more natural. It is normally necessary to use an antibacterial mouthwash for a couple of weeks after the procedure.
This is a very different procedure and gum tissue from elsewhere in your mouth (typically the roof) is removed and subsequently grafted onto your gums
What affects the price?
- The dentist that you choose
- How much of your mouth needs treatment
- Whether you need gum removed or added
- If additional work is required
Looking for Gum Surgery? Choose from 212 Gum Surgery Clinics in Worldwide and compare prices, patient reviews, and availability. Find the Best Price for Gum Surgery in Worldwide. Compare how much Gum Surgery cost at all 212 clinics and save money on your treatment.