About North Ryde Dentists
We are a dental practice that strive for excellence and provide individual solutions that are right for you
You can be assured that every effort is made to exceed your expectations for comfort, care, cosmetics and kindness. We believe in individualized care with all treatment being tailored to the particular wants and needs of each patient. All treatments are performed to the highest standards of precision, with the highest quality of materials, and by people with the highest level of skill, integrity, and concern.
Of course if you are in pain, our main concern will be to get you out of pain. We can schedule a comprehensive exam for your next visit. During your first visit, we would like to perform a comprehensive examination to diagnose any problems if any, find out your main concerns about your smile and then develop a Customised Treatment Plan to address them.
A Customised Treatment Plan will outline the steps needed to achieve a smile that looks and feels good and at the same time, keeping your mouth healthy.
The three most important areas of the examination will generally look at
The ultimate goal of the consultation process is to develop an individual treatment report that is consistent with your original treatment needs and desires. This personalised report will outline:
- The planned treatment
- Appointment timing
- The fees for service
The examination will include:
- Taking magnified pictures of your teeth with an Intra-oral camera and showing them to you on a T.V
- Taking digital x-rays of your teeth – some cavities and bone infections can only be seen with x-rays.
- Oral cancer screening – 8,000 people a year will die from oral cancer. Early detection is important.
- TMJ exam – we’ll evaluate your jaw joint for any possible problems and see if you are suffering pain or grinding/wearing your teeth down.
- Cavity Detection/Filling Evaluation – we’ll carefully look at your teeth and old fillings. Cavities found earlier can be treated more conservatively and inexpensively
- If you would like we could also do a cosmetic evaluation and let you know about how new technology can improve your smile.
- If you would like your teeth professionally cleaned at your first visit we can arrange a longer appointment. If this is not possible Dr Shah can professionally clean your teeth and do a periodontal (gum) evaluation at another appointment. Gum disease is the No.1 cause of tooth loss and up to 80% of the population has some form of it.
- If you are a new patient requesting to make an appointment with us here at North Ryde Dentists, we require that you complete a Medical History Questionnaire so as to provide us with information needed to assist in carrying out your individual treatment.
If you would like more information on our cosmetic dentistry services, please contact North Ryde Dentists directly by clicking here or ringing 02 9870 7409 in the Sydney area