About Safer Cosmetic Surgery Belfast
Safer Cosmetic Surgery is a not-for-profit organisation brought to you by the UK's leading consultant plastic and cosmetic surgeons. All of the surgeons have the following characteristics:
- Are UK specialist accredited plastic & cosmetic surgeons.
- Have undertaken a minimum of 18 years education and training.
- 15 years of surgical training after the completion of medical school.
- Awarded a Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS Plast).
- Are members of BAPRAS and/ or BAAPS
Their aim is to provide comprehensive information about safety, questions to ask during consultations, and where to get further information. They are happy to give general information specific to your concerns, but this does not replace a face-to-face consultation with an accredited surgeon.
No operation is 100% safe, but safer cosmetic surgery is possible by choosing an accredited and experienced surgeon. Members of the British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS), and the British Association of Aesthetic Surgeons (BAAPS) have completed the requirements to achieve the FRCS(Plas) qualification and will have trained for up to 15 years after leaving medical school.